Friday, August 26, 2011

Sheraton Review: POOR

Our wedding day was absolutely wonderful, that night after the wedding was a different story! We had booked a hotel about a month prior to our wedding, and we were super excited! Anyway, as the night ended, we drove to the hotel, only to find out that they overbooked the hotel & didn't have a room for us. I was standing at the counter in my wedding gown, standing with my father, who was in his tux & they turned us away. It was not a pleasant experience, to say the least.

Anyway, we have hassled with corporate and the management of the hotel for almost 3 months to get our money back and finally talked to someone who said we could get our money back and also get a complimentary stay in a guest room. Jeremy talked to them at the beginning of the week and insisted that we deserved a suite, and they agreed to it. They also included 2 tickets for breakfast. So we made plans to stay at the Sheraton on Friday night (Tonight!).

Jeremy and I were looking forward to an evening of champagne, Applebee's, games, and just hanging out. We got to the hotel and the man working wasn't aware of our stay being complimentary, so we had to explain several times the situation; He finally got it. Then, he gave us our key & we headed to our suite. When we opened the door, the room had a funny smell. Jeremy commented on it, and I kind-of brushed it off thinking it might have been because the air conditioner was off and it was a little muggy and warm in there. We sat on the couch watching King of Queens and finally decided to go get Applebee's Carside to Go, which was just across the street from the hotel. Upon returning to our suite, we noticed an even worse smell. We had hot food and so we sat down and ate. The smell wasn't really bothering me too much at this point. Jeremy then went out to the car to get our bag of clothes so we could have our swimsuits, as we were going to go swim. When he came back to the room, the smell was worse & he told me to leave the room for a minute and come back in so I could see how bad the smell was. I left the room for about 5 minutes and came back in and I felt nauseous & like I was going to throw up! The smell was awful. We couldn't stand it.

We went to the front desk and told the lady working. She didn't apologize. She didn't say she was sorry for the inconvenience. Mind you, this was the same lady who didn't act sorry about leaving us stranded on our wedding night, the same lady we fought with for 3 months in an attempt to get our money back. Just when we thought she was going to help us (she had told us she just needed to make us a new key and she would get us another room) a man walked up to the counter and she literally looked around us & started helping the man BEHIND us in line. Jeremy and I were getting so irritated. It was so rude! So, after she helped the man BEHIND us in line, she came back to us & finally handed us a key.

Now you'd think it was a happy ending, right? WRONG! We went to our "new" suite, and it, too, smelled like sewage! I walked in the room and told Jeremy I was going to throw up, and by this time, we were both so fed up that we agreed we were better off going home. Jeremy returned the keys and told the lady working that the second room stunk, too & we were leaving.

Now we're at home, on a Friday night, and I'm blogging while he's watching 24. Not at all what we were looking forward to all week. I will never, ever give my money to the Sheraton. I will never, ever recommend the Sheraton. I hope you won't either. Their customer service sucks & the rooms stink (Literally!!)

I'm contemplating just going to bed, I hope this weekend gets better!

No comments:

Post a Comment