Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bedroom Make-Over PART 1!

Now that we signed another year lease here in our good ole' apartment, I can stop house hunting, and start redecorating! I'm sure I'll be ready for a change when our lease is up anyway! So, the first room I decided to work on is our bedroom. Since we've moved in, we've never had a 'theme' in there. I hate rooms that are blah or a mixture of so many color schemes. I've never really cared about our room, for some reason. Honestly, it's just not very pretty, so I never spend any time in there, except to sleep or get dressed. So anyway, the other day my mom, sister, and I went to a bunch of garage sales and I scored 21 vintage doilies for just $5.00!! (Thanks to my mom, who took the box of doilies up to the lady who was selling them & threw out the price, and SCORED! The lady was originally asking $1.00 a piece!) So anyway, you may be wondering why I would need 21 doilies? Well, I wanted to make vintage bunting! I also went to Home Depot and picked up all different shades of purple, black, and white paint chips, some clothes pins and I got to work! Since we moved in, a year ago, I have never done ANYTHING to this wall. Nothing. It has sat bare. But no longer is it bare, here is what's on it now:





So there you have it (The end result of this DIY project that cost a mere $6.00)
Clothes Pins- $1.00 for 100
Doilies- $5.00 for 21
Paint Chips- FREE
Ribbon- FREE (Already had)







And how cute does it look? (I've since removed the hanging ribbon on the right hand side - I got overly eager to photograph this project before I was completely finished) Of course I'm not finished with the wall, don't you worry. I'm planning on adding some of our wedding pictures to the wall, either hanging from clothes pins, or just hanging in some vintage frames! Stay tuned to see the final reveal of this wall! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment